Well it seems that last week was a big bit of disappointment! Baby girl had changed positions, but it was more toward a transverse (sideways) position, with her head still mostly up near my ribs.. She’s a bit more curled now, which the midwife said should make it easier for her to eventually flip head-down. But still such a letdown to find that out when I was so hopeful that she had flipped!
Onto more happy news – I have begun nesting in full force! Which in my case as come on as wanting to make everything possible for baby right now! Here’s a couple pictures of headbands I made – each flower or heart is on a clippie, so they can easily be mixed and matched too! And the hats are so easy to whip up – they’re quite addicting! I have many more things I’ve made, but can’t post yet as some are also gifts for my sister’s upcoming baby..
Here’s a look at my belly this week – it is growing like crazy! I feel like I can practically sit and watch it grow lately! Probably cuz baby is adding 1/2 a pound a week and she’s gotta go somewhere! lol Look at compared to only 3 weeks ago! No wonder I’ve been uncomfortable lately!
- How far along: 36 weeks
- Total weight gain: 27 pounds
- Baby is the size of: Honey Dew – 18.5 inches & 6 pounds!
- Maternity clothes: Look at the above picture – that belly is rapidly expanding and getting hard to cover! Finding cute clothes for Christmas parties has been a bit difficult too..
- Sleep: I’ve been sleeping well this week! My hips have quit aching at night and since it’s been chillier, the animals have been cuddling up with us and just sleeping instead of playing as much.
- Workouts: Not as good this week – with all the rain and mud, I haven’t been taking Tess out for many walks. Still doing all my exercises multiple times a day to keep trying to flip this baby.
- Movement: When she’s awake and excited, she is active as can be! Especially at night and after I do the moxibustion (accupuncture technique to stimulate baby to flip)
- Symptoms: Did you see my belly?! It definitely makes it difficult to do anything! Often its harder to breathe when she’s up in my ribs too
- # of times waking to pee: 2 times a night
- Food cravings: Loving cereal and still into sweets
- Food aversions: Nothing this week
- Belly Button in or out: Still in
- What I miss: Yummy drinks at holiday parties. Most of the clothes in my closet.
- What I am looking forward to: Making Christmas cookies this week!
- Gender: Baby girl
- Milestones: Well it’s not necessarily a positive statistic, but baby girl being breech at 36 weeks makes her part of a miniscule 4% of babies! Ugh.. I’m trying to tell her that all I want for Christmas is for her to flip!
- Baby items purchased: We got our cute little bassinet and I’ve been busy making tons of baby stuff – headbands, hats, diaper covers, nursing pads, rattles, taggies, Moby wraps, and lots more planned! I am loving it!
- Overall Mood: Pretty happy, though quite disappointed that she hadn’t flipped last week. I still have hope that she’ll flip when she’s ready, but it’s hard trying everything in my power to help her along and knowing that I may end up with a C-section anyway.. :/
- Names: Still between our 2 favorite – likely we’ll wait to see her to decide
- Labor Signs: None
- Best moment this week: Probably looking at everything I’ve made for baby girl and already being overcome by the cuteness! I cannot wait to see her in person in everything I’ve made!!
I’ll try to keep you guys posted on any baby flipping news – we’re keeping our fingers permanently crossed over here! So until then, I’ll just be hanging out like this picture multiple times a day – upside down with a bag of cold peas on my ribs and music serenading her down low. Occasionally I’ll also add a flashlight to intrigue her curiosity, in case she’s like her daddy and drawn to shiny/bright things! Wish us luck!!