We’ve made it everybody! 37 weeks today means that baby is finally full term! She is fully developed and at this point can come any day!! Yayay!! It’s so exciting (and a bit strange) to think that! But, of course, she could also wait 5 more weeks to come as well.. lol
Our stubborn little girl is still breech at this point unfortunately, regardless of everything we’ve done to try to naturally turn her. So the midwives have scheduled a procedure called an “external version” at the hospital – where they’ll try to physically turn her by pushing on my belly and manually shifting her to the right position. There is a very slight risk involved, which is why they do it in the hospital – in case a c-section is necessary after it. So we’ll have to wait and see how it goes, but there’s a small chance that we could meet our little girl later this week! If baby flips, we’ll wait for labor to begin naturally and deliver at the birth center. If she doesn’t end up being flipped, we’ll discuss our options then with our back-up doctor..
I’ll keep you all posted on what happens on Friday!!
- How far along: 37 weeks
- Total weight gain: 28.5 pounds
- Baby is the size of: Winter melon – 19 inches & 6.5 pounds!
- Maternity clothes: They are getting their wear – there is a very limited number of clothes that I can get to cover this belly! Good thing we’re nearing the end – I’m getting really sick of wearing the same things over and over..
- Sleep: I think the accupuncture and/or chiropractor I’ve been seeing for flipping baby has really helped with my aching hips – I’ve been sleeping quite well lately! I still wake up a couple times per night and have trouble falling asleep, but that’s more due to me feeling the baby moving around and then my mind running wild, imagining the future..
- Workouts: Still taking Tess out for walks a couple times per week. I am seriously slow lately though, as the same distances are now taking twice as long.. Oh well – I’m still moving, right?
- Movement: Generally she’s still moving quite a bit! She really kicks when I put headphones right up to my belly! And she’s really into big stretches where her head is up in my ribs/lungs and her feet are stretched out to my cervix! And yes, it’s about as comfy as it sounds.. lol
- Symptoms: Yea, there’s lots of symptoms.. lol Out of breath often, uncomfortable, must eat every 2 hours, need to pee all the time, can’t reach anything in the kitchen due to this big ole belly hitting the counter! my back hurts from doing little things (dishes) and on and on… But I am almost done and cannot wait for the reward!
- # of times waking to pee: 2 times a night
- Food cravings: Sweet, sweets and more sweets! Loving the holiday baking!
- Food aversions: Nothing this week
- Belly Button in or out: Still in, baaaaarely..
- What I miss: Clothes that fit me, the ease of doing most everything.. the usual!
- What I am looking forward to: Christmas of course! And Friday’s appointment to see if they’re able to get baby to flip!!
- Gender: Baby girlie!
- Milestones: We have reached 37 weeks – baby is full term & fully cooked – ready to come at any point now!!
- Baby items purchased: Getting a few last minute things, but we pretty much have everything we need!
- Overall Mood: Pretty happy and excited to have made it to full term and know that baby can make her appearance any day now!
- Names: Still between our 2 favorite – likely we’ll wait to see her to decide
- Labor Signs: None
- Best moment this week: This friendly, adorable old lady approached me at a store yesterday and insisted “this is for the baby” as she shoved a small roll of money in my hands! It was the most unexpected thing! Not that it was much money, but the thought was just so sweet!